26 November, 2008

One Thing I'm Thankful For

Since Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching, I had been doing the obligatory thinking about what I'm thankful for: family, friends, a nice home, good people to be Church with, mashed potatoes, blah blah blah. But as I was Digg.com'ing I came across a link to this video.

This may be one of my favorite moments from Muppet-land ever. I hadn't thought about it in a while and have no idea why it shows up on Digg.com today. But there it was.

In the light of a world that is starving for compassion, terrorists who profane the name of God and so many heart-breaking and heart-breakingly common tragedies of the human condition, this is pretty unimportant. But it makes me smile every time I think about it.

And I am thankful that the human condition is not just the tragedy and the horror that we see in the news, but that it is also joy and love and simple compassion (even for a felt frog!) that makes me think that maybe God really is at work behind the scenes, even when the ugliness seems to blot out the beauty.

We are fallen people in a broken world. But we are also people made in God's own image, living in God's own creation. Thanks be to God for that.

Happy Thanksgiving.

much peace, much love, etc.
Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment